Wow! The cover of my book Redefining Realness, available for pre-order now. Here’s 7 easy ways you can support my baby!
1. Pre-order your copy on Amazon, B&N or iBooks. Pre-order sales are vital to a first-time author like me. It shows my publisher and major booksellers that there are readers who believe in Redefining Realness (the first popular press-backed books about the experiences of a young trans woman of color) and its empowering message of authenticity, self-determination and love.
2. One of my all-time favorite gifts is a good story. Recommend Redefining Realness and/or pre-order a copy of the book for someone you know will read it and love it. Storysharing is the gift the continues to give.
4. Share one of the following sample messages on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #RedefiningRealness:
- #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock will be released on 2/4/14 but you can get your copy now at http://janetmock.com/books
- I just pre-ordered my copy of #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock. Get yours now! http://janetmock.com/books
- I’m gagging over the cover of #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock. Pre-order your copy now at http://janetmock.com/books
- Learn how you can support #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock & pre-order your copy now http://janetmock.com/books
- I just LIKEd #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock on Facebook http://facebook.com/redefiningrealness Pre-order your copy now http://janetmock.com/books
- Just added #RedefiningRealness by @janetmock to my @Goodreads shelf http://bit.ly/16bniCz! Pre-order your copy now http://janetmock.com/books
5. If you’re a journalist, vlogger, blogger, podcaster, writer or media maker, feature the book. I can be contacted at email@example.com for a quote or interview.
6. If you’re an educator, a campus leader or event organizer, invite me to speak at your campus or event. I can do a talk, read from my book and sign copies for readers, and will be traveling intensely in 2014 for my book/speaking tour. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
7. If you have the capacity, purchase bulk orders for your class or group. My publisher can offer a great discount. Email email@example.com for details.
Grace Lawrence, 43, is a transgender woman from Liberia who was in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, for nearly three years. For all but six months, she was kept in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day.
The very anticipated Youtube series starring Donnie Duright, Juss Tamara, et al. is having a screening party in NYC. Wish I could be there for this… <3
If you’re in NYC click the link for the Facebook Event!
Chrysalis is really getting quite a bit of publicity as of late. It is a beautiful thing indeed!